Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to My Marketing Career

First off I want to say “Hello Out There” and Thank You” to all those curious people who may find my personal chronicles of starting a new career in Marketing, Public Relations, and Social Communications an interesting read.  My first goals for this blog is to highlight and discuss some of my current educational endeavors, possible career aspirations, and the expected success or trials and tribulations of doing a new job search in the Marketing field, for which I am about to embark on over these coming months.

For the first few months of this blog – my writings will be concentrated mostly on a Social Media Marketing class that I am currently taking at my local community college.  I am taking this class to solidify my knowledge and skills for creating social marketing campaigns and other types of business promotions, using only those Social Media Tools which are appropriate for any particular business/business need /or industry. 

In my efforts to be a little creative and witty with my Marketing Blog Title, I chose to use a word play from the 1962 Hit Broadway Musical and motion picture called “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum” – entitling my blog  - “A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to My Marketing Career.” I also chose a background cartoon illustration of the Roman Coliseum depicting people doing business in a marketplace.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David,

    I love your post title and it goes really well with the playfulness of the background. Good choice!

    Lenah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I have a BA in theater and I LOVE Forum! Excellent choice! The title is one of the reasons I clicked on it. :) Way to snag a reader!

    I applaud you for starting a new career, no matter your age. It's always terrifying and exciting all at once! I look forward to more posts!

    ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your template chopice - Your Creativity inspires!!

    ReplyDelete